SCA Fine Arts Department challenges and inspires students in their acting, singing and creative movement abilities; interpersonal skills; poise and confidence; personal and collective dependence and connectedness with the Lord. We also seek to create community amongst staff, parents, SPAC, Sherwood Park, and professionals in the area.
SCA Fine Arts is the Musical Theatre program for Strathcona Christian Academy Secondary School in Sherwood Park, Alberta. The theatre program has been performing outstanding productions since 2000.
Member of Edmonton Cappies:
SCA Fine Arts has been a member of the Edmonton Cappies since 2011 and has been presented with numerous nominations and awards.
Production Lead Team
Producer & Director – Cynthia Foster
- SCA staff and Musical theatre teacher. Orchestrates the overall production and oversees the production leads, business and artistic impact of SCA Fine Arts.
- Brings together the many complex pieces of a production—the script, actors, set, costuming, lighting and sound and music—into a unified whole. To accomplish this task, a director needs to interpret the script, cast the production, collaborate with designers, plan the rehearsals and guide the actors in their work during rehearsals.
Music director & Promotional material designer – Rachel Haverkamp
- Local vocal professional, member of the Edmonton Opera and former SCA Fine Arts Lead in Les Mis and West Side Story
Choreography – Luke Lavorato
- Dancer and local SPORTBALL business owner
Costume Director – Mag Elm
- Local interior designer who oversees costume selection and construction.
- Coordinates and mentors students and parent volunteers to produce the show costumes
Technical director, Set & Lighting designer – Jonathan Reid
- Local technical theatre professional, lighting designer and former SCA Fine Arts lead in Fiddler on the Roof and Les Mis
Set & Props construction – Glenn Steeves & Stacey Lavorato
- Local artists and SCA staff who are mentoring students and parent volunteers to construct the set & props.
Front of House Manager, Sponsorship & Charities promoter – Douglas Elm
Volunteer coordinator, Marketing & Social Media – Danielle & Nigel Bragge
Advertising Director – Tracey Seutter
Videography – Shane Lawrence
- SCA Staff and local film artist
Rentals of costume and props – Sharon Doberstein
What people have said about previous productions:
“The caliber of talent and artistic presentation were beyond anything I expected to see at a high school level.”Kylie P.
“I was absolutely amazed at the production.I laughed, I cried, I never wanted it to end.” Allie N.
“When I have kids, I’m sending them to this school so they can be in these productions.”Reporter, City TV News